- Private Policy
Takara Bio considers it is a social responsibility to handle and protect personal information appropriately in every aspect of corporate activities in order to protect the rights and interests of individuals. In addition to complying with laws regarding personal information and various other relevant laws and regulations, we has explicitly stated the Basic Policy on Protection of Personal Information set forth below as well as establishing in-house systems and strengthening initiatives related to the protection of personal information.
Acquisition of Personal Information
(1) When we acquires the information of an individual (the “Subject”), such as customers, it will explicitly state the purpose of use in advance and obtain the consent of the Subject. In addition, when we acquires personal information indirectly other than from the Subject, it will inform the Subject of or publish the purpose of use.
(2) We will acquire personal information through legal and appropriate methods.
Use of Personal Information
When we uses personal information, only persons with specific authority shall be able to use the information to the degree required for the execution of business within the scope of the purpose of use.
Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
We does not provide personal information to third parties without obtaining the consent of the Subject in advance. However, this does not apply in cases when the provision of information is required in accordance with laws and regulations, or when the provision of information is permitted by laws and regulations.
Secure Management of Personal Information
(1) We will appoint a personal information manager, assign personal information officers to each department that manages personal information, and implement appropriate secure management measures in order to protect personal information.
(2) We will take the necessary and appropriate security measures against risks such as unauthorized access to personal information, and loss, destruction, falsification, and omission of personal information.
(3) When weoutsources the handling of personal information to a third party, it will select outsourcers that are deemed to handle personal information appropriately and arrange matters related to the secure management of personal information through an outsourcing agreement and other means in addition to providing the necessary and appropriate supervision.
Procedures for the Disclosure, Correction, Suspension of Use, and Deletion, etc. of Personal Information
At the request of the Subject, we will take the appropriate action in accordance with the Company’s stipulated procedures for the disclosure, correction, suspension of use, and deletion, etc. of the personal information of the Subject.